Please accept YouTube cookies to play this video. By accepting you will be accessing content from YouTube, a service provided by an external third party.
If you accept this notice, your choice will be saved and the page will refresh.
• Improved AF tracking via an internal system that runs eight times faster than that in the TZ100
• The 4K Photo mode gets the same Sequence Composition and Auto Marking that has been introduced in the GX9
• The 4K Photo mode now offers focus stacking.
• The AF system takes only 0.1sec to come to life when the shutter release is pressed
• In high burst mode and the AF system in Single Shot the TZ200 can achieve 10fps at full resolution
• With the AF in Continuous mode it still manages 6fps
• We now have 4K Video in 8bit at 30fps
• The top shutter speed is now an amazing 1/16,000sec
• The AF system also inherits Low Light and Starlight AF modes from the G series bodies.
• The TZ200 takes on the same Bluetooth always-on + WiFi of the latest G models, so images can be transferred to a smartphone really easily.
Improved Lens – 24-360mm f/3.3-6.4 Leica DC
• The lens on the TZ200 has a completely new design
• The focal range of the lens is now 15x instead of 10x
• The actual focal length of the lens is 8.8mm-132mm instead of 9.1-91mm – so it’s both wider and longer
• At the widest end of the zoom we now have 24mm instead of 25mm
• The long end of the zoom now reaches 360mm instead of 250mm
• Macro workers will be pleased that closest focusing is reduced to 3cm instead of 5cm
• The camera’s menu falls into line with those of the latest G series models and takes on the new more modern layout.
• Users can now take advantage of a My Menu feature to collect oft used menu settings in one handy place
• The TZ200 has a new focus/aperture bracketing menu
• The battery life of the camera is improved to 370 images from 300
• Panasonic has attached a big rubber finger grip on the front of the body to ensure a more secure hold.
• A new rubber thumb rest on rear works in tandem with the front rubber grip. The rubber offers more purchase than the metal one used on the TZ100
• Sticking out strap lugs are replaced with recessed thread-through eyes that make the design much neater – and which prevents the lugs rubbing against anything else in the camera bag.